.: Another questionnaire tag :.
In effect, I got tagged FOUR times – once by
and twice by
- so I haven't much choice about ignoring it, really...
I'm not sure who I can tag back, though...
1. You must post the rules.
2. Each person must say 10 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger(s) set for you in their post and create 10 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "You're tagged if you're reading this". You legitimately have to tag 10 people.
10 Random Facts:
1. I took no interest in learning foreign languages in school. All we had was French, which was hard for me to grasp – especially the listening tests, in which the French-speakers talk like they were vaccinated with a machinegun bolt! However, since making some international friends on deviantART, I have had to try and pick up on the odd word – particularly Christmas or birthday-type greetings.
2. On the other hand, I am fascinated with Latin and the etymology of English words with their links to classical languages, and I wish we’d been given the choice of Latin in the school curriculum (instead of the shortlist of one, French)
3. I love animals in general – when it comes to wildlife, I’m most interested in European birds and mammals… though I’m not so into fish or reptiles. In fact, I can even quote the Latin names of some animals (e.g. Canis lupus, the grey wolf)
4. I have mild Aspergers and a stammer. I don’t shine at job interviews.
5. However, I tend to go off at a wild tangent when discussing my own OCs, talking about their life histories and such. The same would probably apply for a videogame or movie I really like!
6. I have a bad memory for remembering appointments and I have known myself to put something down for a second while I get my coat, only to forget it in those brief seconds and leave it behind!
7. However, I can also quote entire scenes from cartoons, movies, videogames, etc… even old stuff I saw like once when I was a kid, if the memory gets stirred!
8. While I can talk about all this random stuff, I’m not really very good at talking about myself. I’m running out of random facts!
9. I’m nearly 31 and I still have little to show for it. I want to do something with Danbuster and co, but I’m still not sure what. Still, I am trying to work on a children’s book with my harvest mouse Boaz.
10. I can’t whistle. Never could.HermesSquirrel
’ 5 Questions:
1. Favourite movie genre?Well, I like comedy and I also like action-adventure… so possibly something that combines the two.
2. Have you ever written a story?Over time, I’ve written quite a number. Mainly “creative writing” projects from schooldays. Some of those survive in my Literature folder, along with a few more recent stories and comical scripts. Check out the Machinegun Robbers, for an example of a full story.
3. If an alien landed near your home… would you greet him/her or run away? I should hope the alien was friendly – of course, assuming that they’d not come here just to invade Earth out of nowhere, without provocation, I want any visitor to know I was not a threat and there’s no need to randomly attack me. Still, erring on the side of caution, I should get help first so we could form a welcoming party, as there's safety in numbers.
4. If you could turn into an animal of choice, which one would you be?Hmmm, interesting one. Actually, if it was an existing animal, I’d probably be an otter or an eagle or something cool like that… if it could be ANY sort of animal at all, I might go for ultra-cool and be a gryphon! Must be great to be able to fly…
5. Do you usually remember your dreams?
(Because I don't. D= )Sometimes I do… especially if they’re something REALLY crazy!
For instance, check out this old journal!Kelaiah
’s 10 Questions:
1. If you could live in any of the Redwall books, which one would it be?Well, I don’t know that I’d live in a specific Redwall book… my personal window for fan-fiction has always been set just after the events of Mattimeo – in which period, Orlando the Axe has travelled west to take up his rightful position as the next Lord of Salamandastron, where he becomes the figurehead of my Long Patrol characters) living there at that time. (Brian Jacques having made no reference to what characters were present at the mountain fortress in this timeline, I’m basically filling the blanks)
Meanwhile, back at Redwall Abbey itself, Matthias is still Abbey Champion, though in his middle-seasons and considering retirement, Mattimeo and Tess Churchmouse (now teenagers coming of age) are betrothed to be married (the marriage to coincide with the handing over of Martin’s Sword), Basil Stag Hare has adopted the young otter Cheek and the peaceful course of their lives is restored.
2. Hot dogs, hamburger or pizza?Hot dogs first, pizza second! And if it’s hamburgers, I prefer Burger King to McDonalds!
I’d rather have a KFC, though…
3. Cake or pie?Can I cheat and say both?
I’ll have the pie for the main course (so long as it’s not steak and kidney – I don’t eat offal), and a slice of cake for afters!
4. What's one book that you know of that you wish they'd make a movie out of?Well, one obvious choice would be Brian Jacques’ Tale from Redwall, Mossflower… which I think Nelvana planned on making a TV series out of, had not their adaptation of Martin the Warrior apparently turned out such a franchise killer.
Also, I wish Disney could continue their adaptations of the Chronicles of Narnia… if only it wasn’t for that blasted moratorium-thing holding things up…
As for other books I’d like to see films of… I guess there’d be the Archives of Anthropos by John White, and Fowler’s Snare by Norman Moss. I doubt anyone would have heard of those, and I can’t find anything about Fowler’s Snare that would help me explain it better – but it’s a good book.
5. Are there any movies you know are coming out and are really looking forward to seeing?I’m expectant for “The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies” – but we’ll probably have to wait for the DVD release.
6. If you could be an animal, what would it be?Didn’t I answer this one in Hermes’ selection?
7. If you could be an anthro, what would it be?Again, this question is no different. Were I was able to turn into an animal, I’d naturally be an anthro, not just an animal!
8. Ever read Calvin & Hobbes?Nope…
9. Do you ever hum an embarrassing song to yourself because you think it has a catchy tune?There have been occasions, but I tend to fall quiet if I’m not alone…
10. If you could change one thing about your physical appearance, what would it be?My physical appearance? Hmmm, don’t reckon I’d change a thing, really.
I’m tall and thin, which is fine – my facial features unique to myself, so that’s also okay.
Just wish I could get some facial symmetry with this moustache, which doesn't seem to want to grow properly...SnowStoat
’s 5 Questions:
1. Vampires, Werewolves or Ghosts?Hmmm, ghosts are harmless enough, but I wouldn’t want to tangle with a vampire or a werewolf…
2. Two British Velociraptors invite you for tea, what do you do?Well, first let’s make sure they’re friendly. When they say “come for tea”, I want to make sure it’s clear they’re inviting me to have tea with them and not be tea! That established amicably… sure, I’ll join them in a cup of tea.
3. Worst Mary Sue you've ever come across on the internet?Now, let’s see… there have certainly been a number on the Internet – take for example any Sonic fangirl character written solely to be the one and only and totally-canon love-interest of Sonic the Hedgehog, who himself is written completely OOC so that Amy Rose and Princess Sally mean nothing to him… and they’re totally okay with this…(?!)
Possibly one of the worst ever Sues I encountered was in an “adult yiff” fic I once blundered across while looking something up about Redwall… (One sees some weird stuff on the Internet) …in which Sawney Rath decided, quite out of nowhere, that the Taggerung had to have a mate to carry on the line… creepy already, yeah, I know… please hear me out…
Anyway, the “mate” they found for him was some young Mary Sue otter-maid of little to no personality (I can’t even remember the name she was given), except that she was shy and Deyna himself had to reassure her that he’d not force her because deep-down he was a goodbeast… so they suddenly fell in love, she consented for no real reason and they went and did it anyway.
However, this warped fanfic ended up with the ottermaid dying in childbirth, with the cub also being stillborn… which makes this scene… ENTIRELY POINTLESS!!
So yeah, not only the worst I’ve seen for being poorly-written, but for also raping our childhood!
4. Hannibal Lecter offers you a delicious but mysterious looking steak… will you eat it?Knowing what Hannibal’s like from reputation, I should politely decline and tell him I already had lunch before visiting his cell.
5. Are you questioning my sanity right now?All the time, but heck… I know I’m crazy. It’s the one thing in this existence that keeps me sane! SnowStoat
’s other 10 Questions:
1. What your biggest blunder-moment?Well, I’ve had my share of blunders, but I need some time to pick out any blunder that was REALLY big… and really funny…
I know I’ve blundered in games, blundered at chores, blundered minorly when driving (I don’t mean causing accidents)… we all make mistakes! I’ve often forgotten when Mum told me to do something and then got bawled out for it later… I honestly can’t think of any specific big incident myself… sorry, I’m such a boring person!
2. What would you do for a Klondike bar? (sorry, had to do this one at least once in my life…)I don’t know… probably pay the shop to buy one? Errr, is this a meme or just a completely random question? I never had a Klondike bar…
3. House Stark or house Lannister?Errrm… what…?
4. What is your favourite holiday?I’d obviously go for Christmas first, and Easter second!
Do you fear death?
(how did you get in my journal, Davy?)*holds up my Bible like a shield* I’m not afraid of death… I just don’t fancy being killed that’s all…
6. Would you rather live in the world of Game of Thrones or in the world of Lord of the Rings? (Little advice here: you do know that when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die, right?)I never watched Game of Thrones, and anyway I’m a Tolkien fan – so naturally, I’d be in Lord of the Rings. With my tall, thin build, I should probably be a Elf… one of those sharpshooter Elves with a far-reaching Galadhrim longbow who can hit an Orc in the eye at 400 yards!
That or a Gondorian prince with a magnificent Elf-forged blade that could cut through Mordor steel like hot butter!
And, of course, I’d have a Middle-Earth name – Dan-Galad!
7. If you were one of the seven dwarfs (Doc, Grumpy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy or Dopey) who would you be?No doubt about it, I’m Dopey!
8. Tell a Chuck Norris fact.The question of what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object was finally answered – when Chuck Norris punched himself in the face!
9. Anyone going to see the new Hobbit movie?I’d like to see it, but in the absence of a local cinema, we may need to wait for the DVD release again. I’d kind of like to see the other two again, but my parents weren’t so keen on the elongated stories – they even got a bit bored with our Extended Edition DVDs of Lord of the Rings! Strange…
10. Do you believe in Santachrist?Only as a regular character on the Nostalgia Critic’s show…
My 10 Questions:
1. What is your favourite music style? Any particular titles?
2. Assuming you’re familiar with my entourage of personal characters, who would you say is your favourite from my cast? Please give a few reasons.
3. Along those lines, which of my characters is… not to say you don’t like them… but your least favourite, anyway? Any way I could improve on them, if needed?
4. Have you any future plans in the pipeline for 2015?
5. Are there any movies you’re particularly looking forward to getting on DVD?
6. What’s new in the world of gaming? Have you a favourite franchise or something to tell me about?
7. I heard the games have their flaws, but what does everybody think of the new Sonic Boom TV series, if not the games themselves?
8. What do you hope to get for Christmas?
9. Have you any pets? What’s your favourite animal in general?
10. And what do you plan to do with yourself now that you’ve finished this?
My 10 Tags:
And anybody else can do this anyway, if they wish!