.: 100 Truths :.AlexRaccoonGlider
did this meme recently… and then included me in a list of tagged users. So, since I actually had cause to write a short journal, I figured I may as well do it.
001. Real Name → Daniel
002. Nickname[s]→ Danbuster, Dan
004. Male Or Female → Male
005. Elementary → Callis Grange Infants
006. Middle school → Upton County Primary
007. High School → Hereson Secondary
008. Hair Colour → Hard to say… there once was a time when it was blond, but since I’ve grown up it turned brown…
009. Long Or Short → The hair or me? I’m a beanpole! And my hair’s getting rather long and wild, like Stan Laurel
010. Loud Or Quiet → Quiet… I was always low in confidence.
011. Sweats Or Jeans → I always wear jeans.
012. Phone Or Camera → I usually have my mobile phone with me (except if it’s being charged) – only bring a camera with me if I’m going somewhere like a walk by the river (in case I see something interesting, like wildlife)
013. Health Freak → Not really, but I do attend AquaGym once a week to keep active.
014. Drink Or Smoke? → Nope, I’m teetotal… and if a man was born to smoke, he’d be born with a chimney in his head!
015. Do You Have A Crush On Someone? → Err, no
016. Eat Or Drink? → I enjoy my food!
Funny, that… I’m still skinny as a rake…
017. Piercings? → No thanks – I’m not even fond of injecting myself every week!
018. Tattoos? → Again… needles…
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN...?
019. An Airplane → Basically twice… some years ago, now, we took a family holiday in Scotland. We flew up there from Stansted to Glasgow – and back again. Rather enjoyed it – even Mum!
020. A Car Accident → One that I was actually in was when some idiot deliberately drove into the back of Dad’s car in a road-rage… because we looked at him funny or something…? I dunno, it was years ago…
021. A Fist Fight → Never, I don’t think. I’ve always been an easygoing kind of guy… though in secondary school I came pretty close to it one time. I was having an altercation with this one boy while we were standing in line outside class. He pushed me, I fell and hit my head against a radiator. At this point, I lost my temper – but fortunately, the timely arrival of the Head of Year Teacher to reprimand him spared me the indignity of having to resort to fisticuffs.
022. First Piercing → None
023. First Best Friend → I’m not sure… possibly this short boy in my primary school class called Ashley. He was always getting picked on, so possibly I felt a little protective of him – and at least I was tall, even if I wasn’t a fighter…
025. First Award → That would be going back a ways… either winning the “Good Conduct” cup one week at Anchor Boys (youngest section of the Boys Brigade) or else getting “smiley stickers” for winning one or two events at infant school sports day… my memory was always bad.
026. First Crush → Possibly I fancied one or two girls in infant/primary school, but nothing that ever got serious…
028. First Big Vacation → The biggest holidays we’ve ever had as a family are the occasional fortnight-stays in Scotland… not that this was ever a washout. Scotland’s a beautiful place with a lot of interesting Scottish National Trust preserved places to see. Also have a great-aunt still living up there, though she’s getting on quite a bit.
029. Last Person You Talked To → My Dad, to say goodnight to
030. Last Person You Texted →
in a Skype text-chat
031. Last Person You Watched A Movie With → My Mum – we’ve been watching a BBC TV-series adaptation of “Dombey & Son”… apparently pretty close to the book too, according to her verdict!
032. Last Food You Ate → Roast chicken breast, with jacket potato and cheese and mixed vegetables
033. Last Movie You Watched → Probably the latest episode of the Nostalgia Critic, the “Top 11 Strangest Couples
034. Last Song You listened To → Can’t think of any “songs” right now, but the last thing I was really “listening” to, while driving home today, was the first movement of Beethoven’s Third Symphony “Eroica” that was playing on Classic FM. Other than that and the 4 o’clock news, I didn’t pay much attention…
035. Last Thing You Bought → Barring petrol for my car, I guess my latest purchase was my new Garmin SatNav.
036. Last Person You Hugged → My Mum
037. Food → Kentucky Fried Chicken!
038. Drinks → 7-Up
039. Clothing → Jeans, shirt and jumper (if chilly)
040. Book → Hard to say… I haven’t been reading the Redwall Tales lately… guess I could always fall back on the classic Chronicles of Narnia series!
041. Music → A variety, but mainly classical music and epic soundtracks from movies and videogames!
042. Flower → Not so much into flowers myself…
But they look great in a bouquet, like when they’re arranged at the front of the church.
043. Colours → The bright shades of blue, and some greens…
044. Movies → the Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, Puss in Boots, some Disney films… there’s a variety…
045. Shoes → Standard comfortable shoes
046. Subjects → English Literature, IT, Maths, Art, History and Science… in any case, I liked most of these subjects – but I went off History when we moved into the Industrial Revolution and Renaissance crap. I preferred the action-packedness of ancient Egypt, Rome and the Medieval period. I also tired of Science when all we ever did was theory, because the other boys in secondary-school couldn’t be trusted with practical work. Maths became boring when we moved on from mere maths to all the theoretical stuff that was useful only to crunch numbers for the sake of number-crunching.
In the end, this left only English Literature for the classical stuff we looked at (Dickens), IT because I was always good on computers and Art related topics.
IN THE PAST YEAR I...
047. [ ] Kissed In The Snow (What snow?)
048. [ ] Celebrated Halloween (Hate that period)
049. [ ] Had Your Heart Broken
050. [ ] Went Over The Minutes On Your Cell Phone
051. [ ] Someone Questioned Your Sexual Orientation
052. [ ] Came Outta The Closet
053. [ ] Gotten Pregnant (I’d be the talk of Harley Street if that happened!)
054. [ ] Had An Abortion
055. [X] Done Something You've Regretted (All the time…)
056. [?] Broke A Promise (I hope not…)
057. [X] Kept A Secret (At least I can be trusted about that)
058. [X] Pretended To Be Happy (Well, you’ve got to try, even when you’re bored stiff)
059. [X] Met Someone Who Changed Your Life (If meeting the lady from Realise Futures, in order to secure a job counts – even if it is short-term at the moment, it’s progress?)
060. [ ] Pretended To Be Sick
061. [ ] Left The Country
062. [X] Tried Something you normally wouldn't like, and liked it. (I must have sampled something different at one of our church socials, even if I can’t think of examples…)
063. [X] Cried Over The Silliest Thing (Getting emotional over epic soundtracks might count, even if it wasn’t breaking down blubbering…)
064. [ ] Ran A Mile (You must be joking…)
065. [X] Went To The Beach (During our Sizewell trip last year, where we stayed at a house near the beach – even if I only walked the sands)
066. [X] Stayed Single (Story of my life, but I’m not worried)
067. Eating → Nothing right now, though had dinner a couple of hours ago
068. Drinking → Mint tea that’s gone cold
069. Getting Ready To → Do the washing up before continuing here
070. Listening To → The wind rushing outside, and being thankful I’m indoors
071. Plans For Tomorrow/Today → After vacuuming (usual Saturday chore), I might continue with a Tomb Raider game I’ve been playing… that’s if I get enough freetime, what with random chores and keeping an eye on the puppy…
072. Waiting For → For this evening… waiting to see if AlexRaccoonGlider
gets back to me on Skype.
073. Want Kids? → With my modus operandi on puppy-sitting (hoping someone else will take him off my hands when he gets too skittish), I don’t know if I’ll make a very reliable father…
Though if ever I get the hang of it, a son called Cornelius might be in order…
074. Want To Get Married? → To have kids of my own, getting married would be a must. And I should stress, it should be a loving marriage to which we’re willing to commit, compromise and make the effort. I think too many young couples believe marriage is easy and all lovey-dovey – I suspect this is why they get divorced after the first flush of their marriage wears off and the arguments start… lack of commitment. Who said it would be easy?
075. Careers in mind → Comic artist, digital artist, graphic designer, illustrator – I dunno… something in the creative field…?
WHICH IS BETTER ON A BOY/GIRL?
076. Lips Or Eyes → I dunno, I always tend to notice eyes first…
077. Shorter Or Taller? → I shouldn’t think size mattered, but I’d be more likely to find someone shorter, since I’m pretty tall…
078. Romantic Or Spontaneous → Romantic, definitely! These things take time – that’s how relationships are made.
079. Nice Stomach Or Nice Arms → Does that really matter…?
But nice stomach AND arms would be better.
080. Sensitive Or Loud → Let’s just say I’d prefer someone quiet and won’t fly off the handle at something like an eyelash out of place…
081. Hook-up Or Relationship → Relationship, definitely. You don’t get anywhere without building a meaningful relationship!
082. Troublemaker Or Hesitant → Hesitant, I guess. As I play by the rules myself, I’d want her to be equally attentive.
HAVE YOU EVER:
083. Lost Glasses/Contacts → No. Mislaid, maybe – I’ll have returned to my desk or something and realised I left my glasses on the dinner table.
084. Ran Away From Home → No
085. Held A Weapon, For Self Defense → If a sports fencing-foil counts…? And in my time I have handled a rifle (rifle-range), a shotgun (clay-pigeon shooting) and a bow (archery)… again, recreational purposes only. Apart from kitchen knives or gardening tools, that’s about it.
086. Killed Somebody → No, and I hope I'll never have to.
087. Broken Someone's Heart → I don’t think so.
088. Been Arrested → Nope!
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
090. Yourself → I do try to be positive.
091. Miracles → Naturally… they still happen even today, despite what anyone thinks. Babies being born every day, drivers walking away unhurt from nasty road accidents, cancer sufferers being suddenly cured… if those aren’t miracles, I don’t know what is. God is still in control, unseen.
092. Love At First Sight → Not really… I’ve certainly never seen anyone I immediately thought, “I instantly fancy her!”
093. Heaven → Of course!
Though I’ve got so much to do here yet, I’m sure… unless otherwise “called home”, I should still have another 50 or 60 years or so to wait?
094. Santa Claus → I guess only in a “holding onto a dream” kind of way, like with any other character of fiction or legend…
095. Sex On The First Date → Certainly not! That would be just rude!
096. Kiss → Get to know someone well enough, I should think kissing is permissible, even if it’s only on the cheek in the early stages.
097. Is There One Person You Wanna Be With, Right Now? → Not really. I’m quite used to being alone.
098. Are You Seriously Happy With Where You Are, In Life? → I’m… content. But I wish I could get more focus in working on my various artistic projects. I’m such a procrastinator!
099. Do You Believe In God → Indeed I do!
Without God in my life, I, errr… have no life. And at least, through Jesus, I can look forward to Eternal Life in Heaven, when this mortal coil is over and done.
100. Post As 100 Truths And Tag Five People.
Good luck, guys!