The Dan Clan - a group of animal friends!
Current Residence: West Suffolk, UK
Favourite genre of music: Classical, or anything with a lively tune...
Favourite style of art: Anthropomorhpic, especially cartoony
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
Wallpaper of choice: The Dan Clan
Favourite cartoon character: Aside from Danbuster and co... blimey! There's so many!
Personal Quote: Never underestimate... the Leadboot!! O_o
1. Post 8 facts about your character.
2. Tag 8 other Characters. (You can do this if you wish, it’s optional – I could only manage four who have characters I could pick for them)
3. Post their names along with their creator’s avatars (Again optional if I tag you)
1. Frederick first came about from a random joking remark about my having a pet-ferret on a bus, that had got loose and was making girls on the top deck scream. The idea stuck. (Though I’ve no idea what was REALLY going on upstairs)
2. For many years, Frederick was little more than an imaginary friend, in the form of a sentient ferret. When Danbuster eventually developed as my fursona, Frederick naturally transitioned to be his best friend.
3. Over the years, his wardrobe has remained pretty consistent, but he grew from a regular-sized ferret into a five-foot anthro in keeping with my scaling principle of anthros being both human-sized and to relative scale with their species in relation. (Hence my mice are well over a foot high, while anthro horses are slightly scaled down to seven or eight feet on their hindlegs)
4. From the start, Frederick was written as an orphan whose mother died in childbirth and whose father was never present (except to conceive him, that is). My reasoning was that, unlike Veil from the Redwall tales, Frederick would not have any of the corrupting influences that made “vermin” species inherently “evil” but rather he’d be raised by a good solid family who would bring out only the best in him; the Wilkinson otters filling that void, though their individual characters didn’t develop until years later. Frederick was perhaps my first OC to defy stereotypes. I found ferrets cute, what I’d seen of them in Last of the Summer Wine, and was sick of them being cast as “bad guys”.
5. I believe Frederick is physically the third strongest of all my cast, behind Marquila RocBeak and Leroy Rudderbuck. His otter foster brother Cedric is a close fourth. Frederick can raise Cedric off the floor despite the big otter’s girth.
6. Frederick is severely shortsighted without his spectacles. However, being a ferret, he has a brilliant sense of direction and good at navigating tunnels or mazes.
7. Thanks to his upbringing, Frederick is a strong swimmer as well as agile. He is a natural born athlete. Bending his spine, he can stand on his own head… literally!
8. Frederick is a tidy-minded fellow and an excellent housekeeper. This is just as well, considering he shares a house with a crazy March Hare and a scruffy rat with a very UNtidy mind… he’s also a surprisingly good cook.
Now I tag: